The Anthony Cronin International Poetry Award
CLOSING DATE APRIL 8, 2017
LONG-LISTED ENTRIES WILL BE PUBLISHED 1ST MAY.
Wexford Literary Festival is delighted to welcome entries to the Wexford Literary Festival International Poetry Award. Poets are invited to submit up to three poems, up to a maximum of 40 lines, for consideration. The €250 prize, sponsored by Baker Tilly Hughes Blake, will be awarded at this year’s festival. Entrants are asked to please read the guidelines below before making their submission.
Click below to pay €10 submission fee and then submit your entry to email@example.com
PLEASE STATE IN SUBJECT HEADER: POETRY SUBMISSION
- There is no restriction on subject matter
- The competition is open to people of 18 years and older
- Up to three poems per person is permitted
- Competition is open internationally
- 1st Prize is €250 plus the Wexford Literary Festival International Poetry crystal award, 2nd €200 and 3rd €100
- Entries can be up to and including 40 lines in length
- Entries must be the original work of the author and must not have been previously published either in writing or electronically. Entries which have received awards in other competitions are also ineligible
- The author’s name and details should only appear on the accompanying email. The author’s name must not appear on the entry submitted.
- Entries will be accepted until April 8, 2017. Entries received after this date will not be considered
- The judges’ decision is final and Wexford Literary Festival will not enter into correspondence concerning the judging or merits awarded. The onus is on the author to ensure that their entry complies with the rules of the competition
- Entries should be submitted electronically only. Hard copies will not be admissible
- Shortlisted writers will be invited to attend the award ceremony on Sunday, May 21, 2017, however, all expenses incurred will be the writer’s own
- While copyright of the poem will remain with the author, Wexford Literary Festival reserves the right to arrange the first publication and broadcast of the selected works. The right to use the stories to further publicise this award is also retained by Wexford Literary Festival. The winning author will agree to have their photograph taken and used for publicity purposes by Wexford Literary Festival
- The entry fee of 10 euro (for up to three poems) must be paid via our online payment system